Engine missing and bogging when revving, Idles fine

• I have had this bike(1973 rv125) for about 10 year and have been tinkering with it for years. The bike starts, idles and revs fine without a load but when riding the bike it falls on its face when you rev them motor, It does not mater where I have the needle jet or if I try to choke it when it is having the problem. What can I try next? I have also checked the intake and exhaust and everything is clean. I have had the carb apart and cleaned may times and never any different results. Could it be something in the ignition? Perhaps a bad 6v battery, condenser, coil? The point gap seems fine.

• Hello,

it sounds like the Main Jet is too smal.

You need a 105 Main Jet

And a new Jet needle!

Both Parts Mikuni. Don´t use replica Parts, only original!

And replace your Air filter.

This is how the Engine should run.

Good Luck

Peter

Es ist nie zu spät für eine glückliche Kindheit:50:

• Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking also. I cleaned the carb more than once and it seems to make no difference. I have also changed the air filter and verified no restrictions in the exhaust. The jet is correct and regardless of the needle position I have the same problem. I have also tried messing with the choke while driving and it makes no difference. Is there anything in the ignition that might have the same symptoms??